To secure your reservation we will charge your credit card a 25% deposit. The balance will be automatically charged on your day of arrival. If you need to modify your payment or method, you can do so on the guest portal. The login to the Guest Portal will be provided on your confirmation and pre-arrival e-mails. Holidays/Events may have a minimum night stay requirement. Please refer to our Rates page for camping occupancy info.
Arrive any time after Noon (Cabins may require additional time if rented the night prior). Feel free to go directly to your site – you can check yourself in at our Guest Kiosk or click the On-line Check-in link on your reservation confirmation. Check out time is by 11:00 AM. Please leave the site as you found it and ensure the firepit is completely extinguished and free of trash.
RV and Campsite reservations require a minimum of 2 days’ notice to receive a refund against the deposit. Camping Cabins require a minimum of 7 days’ notice to receive a refund against the deposit. Cabin cancellations within 3-7 days of arrival will not receive a refund against the deposit. Cabin cancellations made within 3 days of arrival will be responsible for the entire reservation, excluding any days the cabin is re-rented. All refunds are subject to booking and credit card processing fees. Reservations cancelled outside the cancellation timeframes above will not receive a refund. No-Shows will be charged in full without refund. Sorry, no refund for early departure.
Other things to consider before making a Reservation…
We love our campground... but it may not be for everyone.
Our campground is carved into the side of a mountain 6.5 miles outside Haines, 1.5 miles from the ferry terminal and another 3 miles to the Chilkoot river and lake. We have beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, forest and Lutak inlet. It is not uncommon to see bears, eagles and other wildlife, as we are in their backyard. With all this beauty and nature comes a few limitations and unfortunately we cannot provide some of the amenities found at other parks and campgrounds...
- Our RV sites are electric only. There's a Free dump station available as you come into town.
- We cannot offer laundry. Moose Horn Laundromat available in town.
- Our showers are on 5 minute timers to conserve hot water.
- We have very limited Wi-fi - no streaming. Hot spots are available in town.
- We travel here for the summer to enjoy all that Alaska has to offer and are not always available or on-site. We love meeting people, chatting and sharing stories, but we also love fishing, exploring, nature and kicking back. To find a balance and keep the campground open for others to enjoy, we have automated our systems.
- Reservations must be completed on-line or at our self check-in Kiosk if we are not here to greet you.
- E-mail and the Guest Portal are the best methods for modifications and communications - Cell phone service is not always reliable.
- Firewood can be pre-ordered and delivered to your site. We'd hate to keep you waiting!!!